Applicants for Police Cadet must meet the following standards, established by Ontario's Constable Selection System:
1. A Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
2. At least eighteen years of age
3. Be physically and mentally able to perform the duties of the position, having regard to his or her own safety and the safety of the public
4. Good moral character and habits
5. Has successfully completed at least four years of secondary school education or its equivalent
6. Possess a valid at least a G2 driver’s license with no more than six accumulated demerit points, permitting you to drive an automobile in Ontario
7. Possess a valid Standard First Aid Certificate and a valid C.P.R. Certificate (Basic Rescuer Level) at the time of hire
8. Meet the Vision & Hearing standards outlined by the Constable Selection System
9. No criminal conviction(s) for which a pardon has not been granted
10. Pass medical examination
You must also successfully complete pre-interview screening in the following areas:
- Police Analytical Thinking Inventory – PATI
- Written Communication Test – WCT
- Physical Readiness Evaluation for Police – PREP
- Behavioural Personnel Assessment Device for Police – B-PAD
- Meet the Vision and Hearing standards as outlined by the Constable Selection System
***Further information, visit: http://applicanttesting.com/***
Applicant Testing Services requires candidates to have a G licence. A Certificate of Results will not be provided, but the applicant will be advised that they have passed the qualifications. Once the applicant obtains a full G licence, he or she can then apply to ATS to receive a COR.
Peel Regional Police will accept successful applicants without the COR, if it has been withheld because the candidate only possesses a G2 licence.
Click for Responsibilities.