***September 25th class closed - Please check back often for next session***
The crime prevention experts at Peel Regional Police have developed a unique cyber related course for parents, caregivers, educators and other professionals. The Cyber Academy is delivered over five evenings, 2.5 hours each evening for a total of 12.5 hours of instruction and is designed to teach participants how to avoid the risks on the following:
- Computer Safety; passwords, firewalls, viruses, spam, phishing.
- Technological Crime; wireless routers, latest technological developments, emerging trends and risks.
- Child Exploitation; child pornography, on-line luring, cyberdating.
- Social Media; Facebook, etc.
- "...at the click of a mouse..." cyber-bullying using digital mediums.
- "Unlocking the Secrets" cyber-fraud; how identities are stolen.
- "Are You Hooked?" - Media Addiction
- Media Distraction
- "Do You Know Where Your Children Are?" Can you trust the internet? How cyber-paedophiles target/identify/track young victims on-line.
- ...and much more.
* All required sessions must be attended to receive a certificate
Space is limited, on a first come first served basis. Registrations are accepted only from Peel Region residents or those employed in the Peel Region. Police academies are free of charge.
Location: All sessions will be held at the Emil V. Kolb Centre for Police Excellence at 180 Derry Road East, Mississauga, in the Community Room. For map, click here.
For more information you can contact Cst. Chris Christidis at 905-453-2121 extension 4017 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to some of the subject matter, this seminar is available only to those who are eighteen years of age or older. Only registered guests are permitted to attend. Profficiency in the English language and some computer skills are essential.