22 Division is a full service operational division. We have a full uniform contingent, as well as a comprehensive criminal investigation bureau and community liaison office. The division serves the communities resting between Mayfield Road to the north, Winston Churchill Boulevard to the west, Highway No. 407 to the south and Highway 410 (Heart Lake Road) to the east.
22 Division is located at:
7750 Hurontario Street
Brampton L6V 3W6
(905) 453-3311 ext. 2200
For Emergencies or urgent matters please call 9-1-1
Goals and Objectives
Uniform Patrol Top Priorities
- Provide the first police response to emergencies.
- Perform preliminary investigations.
- Provide Basic Police Patrol Services.
Criminal Investigation Bureau (C.I.B.) Priorities
- Reduce the number of incidents of crimes against persons and property.
- Closely monitor the behaviour of repeat offenders.
- Conduct follow-up criminal investigations according to the highest standards of policing.
Community Liaison Officer & Neighbourhood Policing Unit Priorities
- Working in partnership with the community to reduce incidents of crime and create a feeling of safety in our communities.
- Utilize community based initiatives in order to become more interactive and transparent to the public.
- Promotion of safe learning and the prevention, detection and investigation of criminal activity in secondary schools and areas where students are involved.
All Peel Regional Police officers within 22 Division respond quickly and effectively to meet the unique needs of the diverse cultural mosaic that makes up our community.
Role and Function
Uniform Patrol provides first response to all emergencies, performs preliminary investigations and provides basic patrol services to the City of Brampton and north-end of Mississauga. 22 Division also has a dedicated traffic services unit that provides high-impact directed patrol to problem areas, and responds to traffic complaints received from the community.
Criminal Investigation Bureau (C.I.B.) is responsible for initiating investigations into criminal activity and for providing investigative support to the Uniformed Division. The overriding priority for CIB is the reduction of crime and the public fear of crime. The members of CIB are responsible for the investigation of such crimes and incidents as; sudden deaths, attempt murder, robberies, sexual assaults, serious assaults, break and enters, stolen vehicles and missing persons. CIB members take a strategic approach toward crime by identifying and addressing factors contributing to criminal behaviour, and by targeting specific individuals, criminal groups and types of crime by initiating focused task forces. Neighbourhood Policing Unit (N.P.U.) is responsible for policing the secondary schools within the Region of Peel. Seminars are conducted on Bullying, Cyber proofing,
Police Recruiting and general policing topics.
- Community Response Unit officers address complaint areas throughout the city. They attend areas where problems have been identified by citizens.
- Community Station Officers are responsible for addressing calls from a station which do not require the immediate attendance of an officer.
- Bicycle Patrol Officers address the parks and pathways in the region. They are also available to work at special functions, such as parades and special events.
- Community Liaison Officer (C.L.O.) provides a bridge between the community and police. They listen to the concerns of the community, suggests alternatives, or police involvement. The 22 Division CLO is Constable Sarah Jones. She can be reached at (905) 453-3311, ext. 2260. View the 22 Division Police Community Liaison Committee meeting calendar.
- Brampton Safe City Association - The mission of Brampton Safe City is to educate the public and support programs that make Brampton one of Canada's safest cities. The CLO, area residents, local business, community groups, the City of Brampton all take part in this community effort.